Thursday

December 30

Today marks Jennie's 7th week of pregnancy. Her land-mine scarred booty will receive 9 more shots per week for at least another 5 weeks. Ouch!

Each night before bed, I inject Jennie with a 2cc dose of progesterone in olive oil. On Tuesday and Saturday nights, she also receives an injection of estradiol valerate. I was under the impression that these shots were supplemental to the health of her uterus. But, the doctor told us these shots were keeping Jennie pregnant right now. Her body will take over the baby making process around the 12th week of pregnancy.

If you ask Daphne just about any question, her answer will be "five" about 90% of the time. She is infatuated with showing her finger extended hand while shouting, "I want five!" Jennie asked her if she wanted 7 or 8 of something not too long ago and Daphne replied, "No Mommy, I want 5!" To her, five is like infinity. "I want five brothers and sisters!" "I want five dollies!" "I want five pancakes!"

This week Daphne discovered an even larger infinity. With both hands outstretched, she now proclaims, "I want five plus five (insert random item here)".

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: