Tuesday

April 20

Yesterday afternoon, Jennie, Daphne, and I met with our mortgage lender to dot our I's and cross our T's while signing dozens of papers... the process has only begun! We should *hopefully* meet our closing date of May 27th with no problem. Now, let's hope the builder can complete the construction in due time as well.

Our apartment move has been delayed until Friday morning. Originally, we were supposed to start moving into our temporary residence today. But, I received an early phone call this morning from a very apologetic employee of the complex. She said that the previous tenants were "heavy smokers" and they simply could not rid the unit of the smoke. They changed the carpet, scrubbed the walls and surfaces, applied some coats of fresh paint, and ran ozone machines for several days. Unfortunately, the smoke has not dissipated yet AND it is the only 1st floor unit available. She requested that we give them until Friday to see if the ozone machines could work some magic. Our fingers are crossed, but we will probably end up in a smoke-free 2nd floor unit. Oh well, life goes on, right?

Daphne loves to sing! She serenades us with "Old McDonald had a farm" sans the "E-I-E-I-O", "You are my sunshine", and "Daisy".

Jennie & I have been staying up past midnight boxing up the small stuff in our house. I have been tasked with finding a local moving company to deliver our heavy furniture across town. The clock is ticking and we must be out very soon.

Here are some new photos of Daphne:







Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: