Sunday

January 31

Daphne desperately wanted to play in the snow this weekend, but we had to veto the idea as she is battling another cold. Even if she were healthy, Jennie pointed out that none of Daphne's pants are waterproof. So, it became an easy decision to stay inside and play. She has many years left to make snow angels, eat snow, and sled down an embankment on a garbage can lid.

Today I cleared the snow and ice off of my driveway with a puny garden hoe. There are no words to describe how much my back aches! Unfortunately, I never replaced my shovel last autumn (I removed the stump of an old dying shrub and broke my shovel).

Other than the blizzard of 2003 (6-7 inches), this was the largest, most impressive snowfall I have seen in Nashville. Accumulation measured somewhere between 4 and 5 inches of the white stuff.

Note to self: I must buy a new shovel!

Here are a few photos of the 2010 blizzard:





Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: