Saturday

September 20

The Predators hit the ice today for the first time as NHL training camps are now in full swing. This is probably my favorite time of year -- the weather is beginning to cool off, hockey season is about to start, and the dreams of sipping from Lord Stanley's Cup fill our heart. If Nashville wins 40 or more games this year, I will be shocked (we are due a stinky season). With no free agent signings over the summer and several departures of note (G Chris Mason, D Marek Zidlicky, D Darcy Hordichuk, F Alexander Radulov, F Martin Gelinas), our team will feature more youngsters this year (i.e., inconsistent play from rookies equals more losses).

Today I removed the guest bathroom closet flange (fancy name for the PVC poop-contraption that your toilet sits atop). Now I am ready to lay cementitious, Hardi-Backer board (.5" thick) as we have a crawl space. The good news is that Jennie and I quickly agreed on a taupe/tan colored tile from Home Depot. When we tiled the kitchen and master bathroom, it took a long time to agree on a tile color. This time was a piece of cake! My biggest worry was finding a tile that would require the bathroom walls to be repainted. So far, so good!

Daphne rolled around on the floor this evening before we put her to bed. I videotaped her sitting up, crawling, and playing with a miniature beach ball. I plan to isolate a 30 second clip and post it on YouTube tomorrow. She's so full of energy!

I believe Daphne's palate has found another food she can do without. Green beans and now, butternut squash can be added to the list of foods she does not favor. She is still bonkers for prunes! I guess she will grow up to be a Dr.Pepper nut (as Dr.Pepper uses prune flavoring in its recipe).

Here are some new photos of Daphne for you to enjoy:

More peas please!

Totally zonked on Daddy's shoulder

Daphne's devilish grin


Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: