Monday

September 22

Tonight I attended a preseason hockey game with a buddy of mine from work. The smell of fresh ice, the sounds of the Zamboni, and the players fighting for roster spots contributed to a great game. The free food and concessions helped, too! Nashville lost to Atlanta 3-2 in a shootout, but the rookies played well enough to win. The regular season is only a few weeks away.

Daphne has a new favorite fruit! She adores the blueberry/apple puree by Beechnut. Jennie said Daphne would impatiently lean towards the spoon while opening her mouth for more (and quickly, she had eaten over half a jar). She has been eating fairly well, but rarely does she attack the spoon with such fervor.

Yesterday, I spent several hours measuring Hardi-Backer cement board and planning my tile strategy for our guest bathroom. I ended up going to Home Depot and Lowes for all my necessary supplies (3 cases of 12" tile, cement boards, Hardi-screws, a closet flange, and a 4" PVC coupling). Home Depot only sells PVC & metal combination closet flanges (and I refuse to install a cheap metal top flange). It is absolutely asinine to introduce the potential for rust and therefore increasing the odds of rotten flooring due to a toilet leak. Why sacrifice quality for a few measly bucks? Oh well, I will step off of my soapbox.

I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow, so I need to run for now...
More pictures soon!

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: