Monday

March 9

Evening Update: 10:54pm -- Here are some new photos of Daphne at play:







If I were a gambling man, I would wholeheartedly bet that my employer "releases" me this week. My code is complete and nothing remains to be done (other than preparing for potential interviews). Wish me luck! I need a job...

I stand corrected on Daphne's heart murmur. Jennie informed me over the weekend that I did not explain it correctly in my latest blog entry. So, without further ado, I will attempt to provide one of my famous peanut butter and jelly sandwich explanations: (just the facts, ma'am)

It is suspected that Daphne was born with a very common VSD (ventricular septal defect). The alleged hole between her right and left ventricle is not taxing her heart in any way and it appears to be closing (as it should be around 1 year of age).

Daphne's doctor had never heard a murmur before her last visit, so he believes the reason he hears it now is because it IS closing and becoming normal. Imagine a water hose that is pinched with a little water escaping -- this "pffftt" is the sound of the murmur and the hole hopefully closing.

The doctor will check Daphne again at 15 months of age to see if the murmur is gone. If not, she will be ordered to see a cardiologist.

Daphne had a great weekend and continues to say new words like "doggie", "papa", and "duck-duck". Her all-time favorite phrase is still "mama mama mama".

More photos soon...


Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: