Saturday

August 15

It's official! Jennie and I sign all the legal paperwork to list our house for sale on Monday. We have been scrambling this weekend to make our house appear like a model home and free from clutter.

The final drop of stain and water seal was brushed onto our deck this morning while the garage door repairman adjusted the track for our garage door. The chore list is down to less than ten items; ah, the light at the end of the tunnel is near!

As tempting as it might be to go ahead and buy another house before ours sells, we are trying to be patient and responsible in our actions. Even if we must live in an apartment for a month or two, I want to avoid (at all cost) the dreaded dual mortgage scenario. My biggest fear would be to own an unsellable, empty house as well as our next home. I don't even want to bother with the whole contingency headache (e.g., I'll buy this one if that one sells, etc).

As of today, Daphne can now open the pantry door! Her eyes glistened with surprise and the smile of "I'm so proud of myself" curled the corners of her mouth as she raided the pantry shouting, "cookie, cookie, cookie". She already opens the refrigerator, grabs the first item she sees, and cries, "milk".

I guess we will be buying those baby-proof door handle covers ASAP.

Here are some new photos of Daphne:

Sniff, sniff. This oak leaf smells great!


Busted!


Walking in Mommy's shoes.


Can't get enough Yo Gabba Gabba...


This book is my favorite! No, no, this one is!


Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: