Friday

November 13

Happy Friday the 13th!

Our house has been on the market for three months this coming Tuesday. Eight scheduled tours and one straggler (an realtor-less, inquisitive fellow looking for a house) have made their way into our humble abode. I have no news to report.

I believe the process of selling a house can be likened to having a baby. When listing a house for sale or trying to get pregnant, you have unrealistic expectations and high hopes for a quick, painless transaction. After all, everyone does it effortlessly so why can't you? Random appointments are scheduled and people come in sporadic waves (just like making a baby -- preparation, ovulation, practice, hurry up and wait). You receive great feedback and even a few low-ball offers, but nothing that blows you away (just like making a baby -- the "monthly visitor" is late, high hopes form, could this be it?, out of the blue "it" appears, the dream fades, rinse and repeat). Selling a house and making a baby are filled with momentous highs and blistering lows. It should be easy, right? Nope, not a chance.

Oh well, I hope my analogy did not depress you. I figure someone will have to buy our house eventually even if I have to pay them to take it! hehehe

On the bright side, Daphne has begun to feed herself with utensils. She is going through that "I want to do everything for myself" phase. Miss Independent smiles with satisfaction as her spoon delivers yummy morsels into her mouth.

Here are some new photos of Daphne:








Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: