Thursday

June 26

A full year has passed since Daphne and her blastocyst sibling were implanted into Jennie's uterus. An early morning IVF procedure on June 25th, 2007 began our parenthood unofficially. A week and a half later on July 6th, we received Jennie's pregnancy test results in a voicemail. At that point, we had no clue if we were having twins or a singleton. Jennie knew from day one she would have a little, baby girl. Maybe it was maternal instinct, female intuition, or simply a good guess? I will never know for sure!

I remember how protective I became of Jennie's well being and the health of our unborn fetus. The first few months of pregnancy seemed to take forever. And, now that Daphne is now four months old, the time continues to fly by in comparison.

I traveled the past few days (out of town) for my employer, but Jennie was in good hands. Her parents helped with Daphne in my absence. It was the first time I had spent the night away from my Daffodil and it was painful. The glimmer in Daphne's eye when I arrived home last night was priceless. She loves when I come home from work and scoop her up into my arms.

More photos coming soon...

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: