Friday

December 18

Today I had both the H1N1 and the seasonal influenza shots injected into my deltoids. My employer scheduled the seasonal flu shot to be administered way back in October, but our provider ran out of their supply. So, better late than never!

Little Daphne and I are still coughing our heads off. If you didn't know any better, a visit to the Tilson homestead might be confused with a 19th century tuberculosis ward. Cough, cough, hack, hack.

As I walked into the house tonight after work, Daphne was "cookin'" with her Tupperware bowl, measuring cups, and silicone spoon. She was making a pretend "foop" (soup) with "eggies" (eggs), "puckahs" (pickles), "pep-pup" (ketchup), "soogah" (sugar), cheese, milk, and toast. She poured each virtual ingredient with much care and stirred the concoction with a huge grin.

"Ohhh, Daddy!" she screamed with raised arms. "Daddy home. Miss you." Jumping into my arms, Daphne has almost mastered the pucker and smooch. She is getting better with her usage of "please" and "thank you". What a sweet little girl!

Here are some new photos of Daphne in her YMCA exercise gear:







Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: