Saturday

July 26

Wow! What a busy day...

It seems like I have been running around non-stop all day. Simple stuff like fixing the leaky kitchen sink and replacing the refrigerator water filter were among the big chores. Daphne has been talking up a storm the past few days and today was no exception. She will smile and have gibberish conversations with Oprah and anyone hosting a Food Network TV program.

My frugal nature is leading me deep into the world of watch repair. Sure, I could afford to send off my twelve year old Seiko Kinetic in for a new capacitor and gasket change (authorized repair centers charge $90 to $150 depending on condition), but what fun would that be? Now that I have the tools for the job, I ordered the parts I will need to fix the watch for less than $20! I know, I know, you are thinking, "Dave, will you screw up that sentimental watch?" Trust me, I am "Uber careful" and take pride in my steady hands. After all, I used to solder chips on computer motherboards for fun back when 286's and 386's were state of the art!

Jennie's new hobby is babywearing. She studies internet forums and carefully evaluates all the latest trends. I believe she will be ordering a BabyHawk this week.

Here are a few photos of Jennie visiting a friend's house and trying on her Ball Baby Overall:





Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: