Monday

November 19

I would guess that I have completed 98.5% of the baby room painting. For a perfectionist, the last 10% is always the hardest! I hope to complete painting the last of the trim tonight as Jennie is working late.

With each passing year, it seems my neighbors hang their Christmas lights, display their cardboard Santa sleighs, and garnish their yards with a wooden nativity scene earlier than the year prior. Thanksgiving Day has not yet passed, but icicle lights hang from nearly one third of the houses in my neighborhood.

Call me a Grinch, I suppose, but Christmas season begins (for me) the weekend AFTER Thanksgiving. You know, after all the crazy shoppers and holiday traffic consume the local malls. If it cannot be purchased at Wal-Mart or a liquor store, how good of a gift can it possibly be?

Do your neighbors display Christmas lighting from November until late February, too?



Jennie seems to be recuperating from her cold quickly. Thankfully, I avoided coming down with it.

Tomorrow is Jennie's doctor appointment.

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: