Wednesday

January 9 ( 31 weeks pregnant )

Today is Jennie's "routine" 31 week doctor visit. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed to find out she has only one remaining ultrasound which occurs at 40 weeks (assuming she goes full term and does not deliver early). Her remaining scheduled visits will occur on weeks 33, 35, and 36 through 40 each Wednesday.

I raced home yesterday after work to pick up my car from a local mechanic before the shop closed at 5pm. Amazing how something as insignificant as new front brakes can make a car seem new again! In 2000 and 2001, Jennie and I both purchased brand new cars and diligently worked to pay them off by 2003 and 2004 respectively. While both vehicles are nearing 100,000 on the odometer and their "new-ness" has worn off, I am pertinaciously opposed to having a car payment.

Once Daphne has a brother or sister, maybe we will revisit the notion of buying some flavor of hybrid vehicle (Prius, Accord, or Camry). If Jennie's second pregnancy consists of twins or more, we *might* consider a MiniVan (although, we both hate them).

Last night the Predators won by a touchdown over the Los Angeles Kings. A 7-0 rout on the road is rare, but it was fun to watch nonetheless. I still have my doubts that Nashville will even make the playoffs this year. But, to be honest, missing the playoffs would be a good thing as I will have a newborn at home and probably would not be able to attend the games in person anyway.

Enjoy your hump day!



LINK OF THE DAY: World O' Crap

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: