Friday

February 1

Happy Groundhog Day's Eve!

My work is throwing a baby shower for Jennie on Thursday, February 21st. As it turns out, my boss and another co-worker were secretly planning on a big surprise shower. But I am thankful for the miscommunication of another co-worker, who took it upon herself to call Jennie, schedule a shower, and emailed my entire department (including me) about the event. Needless to say, it makes me feel appreciated and honored that my coworkers are so thoughtful.

Are you attending a Super Bowl party?

Sunday should be a blast! Jennie and I love watching the Super Bowl commercials. During the game itself, we socialize with guests, graze over junk food, and imbibe our favorite beverages.

Jennie and I watched the Predators move into playoff contention last night. Ambivalence fills my heart regarding this coming postseason of hockey. While I want Nashville to make the playoffs and successfully advance several rounds, I also realize that I may not get to attend many games as I will have a newborn needing constant diaper changes. So, I will not be terribly upset if we end up missing the playoffs.

Punxsutawney Phil says, "it's freakin' cold outside!"



LINK OF THE DAY: Savage Chickens

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

No comments: