Monday

December 31

Happy New Year's Eve!

Saturday was fairly uneventful -- lots of sleep, lots of TV. As Jennie's pregnancy quickly approaches 30 weeks, naps are becoming a mandatory daily occurrence. In fact, I enjoy them every bit as much as Jennie. Our puppy dog, Maggie, seems a little confused at our odd sleep patterns, but she rarely dismisses a chance to snooze either.

Jennie and I spent several hours yesterday shopping for a new living room area rug. Our five year old Pier 1 (shag design, made from Iranian jute) area rug was becoming terribly dusty, hard to vacuum, and not baby-friendly. After much deliberation, we selected a simple, yet attractive 11 foot by 8 foot rug from Home Depot.

Barring any US Postal Service hiccups, my Nintendo Wii should arrive today! The included Wii Sports disc comes with several exciting flavors: bowling, tennis, baseball, golf, and boxing. Several co-workers of mine told me that you really can lose weight playing the Wii, but I will have to see it to believe it. I suppose we will retire our old XBox to the bedroom.

Enjoy your New Year's celebration tonight! Be safe...



LINK OF THE DAY: Extreme Comics

Until tomorrow,
Dave T.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had someone bring a Nintendo Wii into the department Christmas party, and we had several participants playing tennis and bowling as it was projected up onto a large screen. I can vouch for the fact that there was a lot of exercise taking place. I think you'll really enjoy it!